Valve Spring Compressor

topconker

Threads
Does anyone have a valve spring compressoe that I could borrow/buy please?
This is the type I'd like if there is one available. They are listed on e-bay but all from the states meaning with duty and P&P they are a ridiculous price.

Thanks,
TC

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Welcom to the forum.
The updated soft wear does not list locations so it might help if you tell everyone roughly where you are , obviously not in the USA .

topconker

Threads
Sorry should have stated I'm in the UK, in the south part

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just go to local shops & ask to borrow tool if you put down equivalent of US $20 & you will get your money back provided you return tool undamaged & in a timely manner. I would think small engine repair shops have more than one special tool that they use frequently on hand.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just bought one of these, and they don't work too well on the Briggs intek heads. They're not tall enough. Unless I'm doing something wrong. Just about the time you get the spring to start compression, the arm makes contact with the head.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Personally I still using the old L-head valve spring tool here on those OHV heads.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm a slow learner but people have trained me to not loan out tools. They've come back spattered with paint, bent, broken or in some cases, like the 3" belt sander that nobody remembers borrowing, not at all.

Romore

Threads
Isn't that the truth! Check with a rental yard

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I'm a slow learner but people have trained me to not loan out tools. They've come back spattered with paint, bent, broken or in some cases, like the 3" belt sander that nobody remembers borrowing, not at all.
So you finally learned the Cardinal rule Number One. Never loan you tool even to a relative. If you borrow one of my you first put a deposit of the full valve of tool and I might refund if comes in the same as loaned; otherwise, forget it!
Even then I will not loan out a custom tool ever.