Valve clearance for briggs and stratton 127800 series engine

angellonewolf

Well-Known Member
Thanks for any help please I'm in the middle of cheaking out the reason why my mower stopped done all the normal servicing etc and ended up taking the head off and it's all coaked up in there so doing a bit of an overhaul and I need to know the valve clearances on a briggs and stratton series engine 127800

Full number on the engine are 127802 0660 01 98090158
 
The actual specs are per Briggs:
Intake Valve.005-.007 in (.13-.18 mm)
Exhaust Valve.007-.009 in (.18-.23 mm)
so previous numbers are the mid ground specs. I always tend to adjust the lowest one on OHV engines as they wear to the wider gap and beyond.
 
Thanks for the reply bud seen the reply and set them up but after doing all that the engine now starts but pops and farts alot I'm going to do a compression test later today with luck and see if throwing a bit of oil in the bore sees a difference
 
Back
Top