V-twin 27 quits after 30-45 mins

Jwjsr

Forum Newbie
Threads
It runs strong then gets weak and shuts down, it's about six years old probably has about 300 hrs on it. can I use a certain oil to help with heat, certain fuel or type spark plugs.? Some thread it was mentioned it is common for debris to clog the cylinder cooling fins, and to clean the shroud needs to be removed,I glanced at the shroud, looks like it might take my slow self about 3 or 4 hours to remove/reassemble.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you are worried about disassembly/assembly take some pictures. Make some notes. Even label the screws for length if relevant. You can do it. Why do you think heat may have shut it down ? So called vapor lock of fuel? The real danger of heat IMO is damage to aluminum head (s)-gets soft. Then valve seats loosen and guides move. This will probably start a big discussion , but no particular oil will solve a heat problem.

Jwjsr

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you are worried about disassembly/assembly take some pictures. Make some notes. Even label the screws for length if relevant. You can do it. Why do you think heat may have shut it down ? So called vapor lock of fuel? The real danger of heat IMO is damage to aluminum head (s)-gets soft. Then valve seats loosen and guides move. This will probably start a big discussion , but no particular oil will solve a heat problem.
Thanks for the reply, is vapor lock a myth?, Can i take the valve covers off and see if "valve seats loosen and guides move"?