How is that possible when this product is a thin liquid ?
It's not and it's not going to hurt it.
Walt is a genius on many of these mowers especially the old horizontally opposed twins but it seems he probably doesn't like additives and probably cause most of them snake oil.
He is correct that most of them are and very few of them are worth the money you spend for them and a lot of them wouldn't be worth using even if they were free however there are a couple of things on the market that have worked wonders over the decades and restore engine treatment happens to be one of them.
This stuff works really well and high mileage car engines and lawn mowers etc and if you treat one with the proper amount which is messed up if you check with Google and AI because they give you the answers of about 20% or more and quite a bit more actually and one of the listings but then they say 10%.
They specifically mentioned again on Google and AI that a lawn mower typically holds between 15 and 20 oz so they're talking about a push mower and that you could use between a half pint and a pint.
Then in the same sentence they say at a ratio of 10%.
A 20 oz lawn mower engine at 10% is only 2 oz and that's not going to do enough to make a difference so at 20% which would be 4 oz you're starting to talk about what it will work but they say a half a pint to a pint which is 8 oz to 16.
16 oz would likely be far too much because that would be most of your oil capacity and I don't know how well this stuff actually lubricates.
I have used it many times and personally if you're not going to put at least 4 oz in there you're wasting your time.
Even up to 8 oz is my common ratio especially on one that's really worn and got scores in the cylinder walls and already smoking.
So I would say not to exceed 50% of your oil capacity but I would actually say that max out at 40% is pretty good.
This puts you right at 8 oz maximum for a smaller push mower engine and it's definitely not going to hurt anything it's not going to have any effect on the oil slinger or the dippers which most of these engines don't even have because they're vertical crankshaft, and it's not going to make any connecting rods snap.
I believe their website says up to 20% and it used to be on the bottle but it is no longer on the bottle / can..
I'm going to put 8 oz in a Briggs L head today that someone run almost no oil in it and frankly I can't believe it didn't seize up or maybe it really did and only because it was had cooled off could I pull the rope normally when they got it here.
I didn't try to start it but it still didn't have any increased resistance on the rope but I had to add oil to it before I even tried to start it.
It's a smoker but I think this restore will make it tolerable enough they can use it for several more years.