Using compressed air to remove dust from main element?

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Using compressed air to remove dust from main element?
What engine does your Tiger Cat have on it?
Just got back from a 2,400 mile week railfanning in OH and PA, still recovering, lower back is hurting from too many different beds!!

tigercat

Threads

Picture when it was new. I add the green precleaners to the outsides of the air filter housings which it does a good job of repelling the dirt. In a month or so I will get the collection system back on the machine and I can snap a picture of the dirt flap and air cleaner homemade modifcations.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have blown canister air filters out on our farm equipment every morning during routine servicing before going into the fields for years. The filters are just larger versions of the Donaldson filter. Tractors, Pickers, and combines suck in an enormous amount of dirt in one day. We changed the filters out monthly, but they would be blown from the inside out many times before being replaced. Also blow across the outside of the filter never directly into it from the outside. Put several thousand hours on those Diesel engines without any issues. I blow the filter out on my mower as well. Not suggesting I will get 8 to 9 thousand hours out of the engine, but I am hoping to get at least 1 thousand from it.

Blaine B.

Threads
I rinse my Tecumseh small engine filters from the inside out every once in awhile.

I let them dry completely before using them again.

Never had a problem.