Used XMark or Toro?

DJGordon

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm looking at buying either a 2006 Toro Z500 ($4,300) or 2005 Xmark LazerZ ($3,500), both used with 60" decks.

Why would I pick one over the other?

Both have about the same hours, but the Toro was owned by the lawn service selling it, and the Xmark he bought and fixed up (new Kohler 25 engine, wheel pump motors, lines, valves).

I'm only cutting a 1-acre yard plus a walking path around z 150-acre farm (maybe 1/2 mile of path). That puts me at about 30-50 hours/year. Seems like both of these pieces of equipment are more than I'll need, but they also cost about what a nice, new Simplicity lawn tractor would run.

Any suggestions?

indypower

Threads
If the Exmark had a Kawasaki engine, I would say Exmark. But since it doesn't, then I think I might go for the Simplicity Lawn Tractor.

DJGordon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, indipower. I think I'll go for a new lawn tractor. Just don't have the interest in working on these babies. So now the question is which one? I'm going to read up on this site since I've got a little time and see if some brand surfaces. Thanks again.

LandN

Threads
if the lawn service is selling the mower because of liquidating the business ,.well then maybe. but if they are replacing it for another 'near' identical mower then i would not touch that one. the other seems to have had a lot of work done considering the hours on it was apparently to your interest. if you like to "tool around" go for the used ones,.. if you want warrantee and new mowerand some 'hopefully' worry free mowing for a length of time,get new:thumbsup:

DJGordon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the input. I'll keep shopping. The grass won't need to be cut for another six weeks, I figure.