Used Snowblower

bret

Threads
I have a chance to buy a used snowblower for $500, it is a Honda, 4 stroke that has been overhauled and rebuilt, is that a good price?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a chance to buy a used snowblower for $500, it is a Honda, 4 stroke that has been overhauled and rebuilt, is that a good price?

$500 for a USED model? If it has been rebuilt then it has had a long hard life already. Heck both Sears and Menards here are selling brand new dual stage 5 hp blowers for just over $500 these days, unless the Honda is a big machine (26 inch and up, 8 hp and up) I'd be wary of the deal because the engine rebuild does not address transmission and other related issues. I would buy new for that much money.
Go to eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices and do a search and find out what the model is selling for there.

bret

Threads
It is a Honda HS724. I will have to look around and see what the ones on craigslist are going for and compare that way. Thanks again.

indypower

Threads
Also depends on if it is a tracked or wheeled model. Either way, the used HS724 seem to run $900 and up.

shrek

Threads
I have a 10 year old hs724 honda on tracks. I paid 1,700 for it new and have never had any major repairs. the hydrostatic transmishions are very durable.