Used John Deere Parts

71benj

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been looking for a used hood to replace the damaged one on my GT245. I am finding it very difficult to find. New ones are expensive. Does anyone know where I might find a hood for my tractor?

Mark1

Threads
Yeh used parts for John Deere are hard to find.I have been looking for a bigger deck for my GT235 (want 48" or bigger) but many parts are so model specific.
some dealers have new ones.but it'd be cheaper to sell my GT and get a whole new machine.

scooter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you tried looking internationally? I know most people will start looking farther afield to source parts. Have you tried junk yards to look for parts?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check around your local dealers... MOST of the older dealerships have trade in "bone yards" that they keep older used/used-up tractors for parts and pieces... If they don't have one ... they will know where a local used parts source is located. Talk to the service guys... :smile:KennyV

Mean Machine

Threads
Going to your local dealer would be my advice as well. If you live in a rural area, you may be able to put an ad in your local paper and make an offer. Maybe somebody has an out of commission machine in their barn that they could turn into a little cash.