US Postal Service Scolding

In Australia if you complain..........you will have to pick it up from the Post Office...or they can lose it or cause real drama's...........best to say nothing or you will Suffer big Time..........they are in a Position of Power!:mad::eek::confused2:
 
That is pretty malicious sounding. Is it controlled by the government there? The post office here is separate now so it's more like a business, although still has controls.
 
That is pretty malicious sounding. Is it controlled by the government there? The post office here is separate now so it's more like a business, although still has controls.

From what I understand, the majority of postal employees who deliver to rural or suburban boxes are private contractual employees, not govermental employees. What is funny is, my newspaper carrier is a rural route delivery contract employee and he is ALWAYS able to deliver my paper regardless of the snow piled up against my box, however he drives on the wrong side of the road which certainly makes his delivery easier...
 
From what I understand, the majority of postal employees who deliver to rural or suburban boxes are private contractual employees, not governmental employees. What is funny is, my newspaper carrier is a rural route delivery contract employee and he is ALWAYS able to deliver my paper regardless of the snow piled up against my box, however he drives on the wrong side of the road which certainly makes his delivery easier...

The majority of postal employees who deliver to rural or suburban boxes are Government employees not private contractual employees. Although they do use some contract employees they are very few and basically used in smaller community's. City carries deliver or use a LLV or jeep to deliver mail and all Rural carriers use there own vehicles to deliver mail not postal vehicles.
If the postal service makes the cuts in personnel that they talking about my guess would be that the contractual employees would be first to go followed by some early retirees.
 
around here my postal lady drives her own vehicle.I always try to keep the area clear for her so she won't get stuck and can get me my mail.It's easier to keep it bladed than to get her unstuck,she even left me a thankyou note the other day after blading . russ
 
Right, the snow can make things a bit difficult for the postal carriers' when it snows:mad: But if the guy was able to reach out far enough to put that note in you mailbox he certainly could have delivered your mail too.:laughing:

Uh...government workers are terribly spoiled, probably the worst on the planet.
 
We had a few days of no mail due to snow, here, too. We sure were glad when the mail came today! Well, other than the bills that came along with it!!
 
This mite be a little off the topic of mail delivery but still related to the Postal Service but something else I found interesting about the Postal Service is they have there own Police Department. How :cool: is that.
 
Ric,the Veterans Adm. have their own police force also.as far as govt. employees being spoiled I'd say some are but the dept I worked which was Nursing Service ,no way!In the 34yrs. I worked for the V.A. I could count on 1 HAND how many Christmas I got off.I also would say that most serving in the military aren't in no way spoiled. russ
 
Back
Top