Upper bearing and how to remove the cam

Cfs

Threads
I have a junk Honda engine a gv160 run without out oil and the top bearing surface is all scored up on both the housing and the crankshaft. I have looked at a parts breakdown and it appears that there is not a replaceable bearing. The aluminum casting has been ruined and the only fix is a new crankcase? I am surprised that the steel crankshaft has some serious grooves worn in it from the aluminum I'm housing?? 2nd thing. I am wondering is how to remove the timing cam..the one the belt turns. I was thinking that I might harvest a spare part or two, timing belt maybe the cam itself. Any help grew appreciated

Thanks

CFS

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are you referring to the GCV160 as Honda website don't an IPL for a GV160?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
2nd thing. I am wondering is how to remove the timing cam..the one the belt turns. I was thinking that I might harvest a spare part or two, timing belt maybe the cam itself. Any help grew appreciated

Thanks

CFS
the pin that holds the cam gear slides out after removing the valve cover. There is an O ring on it and with the oil on the O ring and pin can be vacuum stuck. Maybe able to free the pin by rotating the pin by the notched end held in place by the valve cover.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And if it is a GCV160 you want to do this at TDC compression where both rocker arms are loose to remove side pressure on the shaft.