Snow blower uneven liftingand lowering

snapsstorer

Threads
I have a snapper 44htst. I repaired about 40% of it with new parts. I have a pull lift onit, but when i lift it one side raise's higher then the other. when i lower it the right side sem to dig in more then the left. Iam wondering is this normal, oor is there anything i can do to have it ride evenly?

Woody71

Threads
I'm going through the same thing with a Cub Cadet 526 SWE. I've owned it since Oct.'11 and used it all of 3 times. From the get go, I noticed that when I pull back on the grips and then lower it down, the left side sets down before the right. I also noticed that it was pulling to the left. I evened out the tire pressure at the max PSI listed on the tires, no difference.

I noticed the other day that one of the skid shoes was crooked. Called the dealer and they told me to put loosen the skid shoe bolts, rest the shave plate on something 1/4" thick, make sure the skid shoes are resting evenly on the ground and then snug the bolts up.

I did this and when I tested the clearance using the piece of wood that I rested the shave plate on, there was room to move the board up and down on the right side but I couldn't even slide it under the left side.

Called the dealer back and they told me to bring it back as the auger housing may have been welded on unevenly. If this case, I'm going for a replacement as this is a major defect from the factory.

Wanted to share this as you may be experiencing the same thing. Not sure if the auger housing on your snow blower is welded or bolted.

snapsstorer

Threads
thanks for the info. will check it out. unfortinely i can not return mine, as it is as used unit bought from privite party. thanks again.