Uneven Deck YT4000

inversegrassdecimator

Forum Newbie
Threads
I inherited a riding Craftsman YT 4000, which has been working great until about a week ago when the two sides of the deck started cutting unevenly.

The right (starboard) side of the deck was cutting lower than the left (port) side, so I adjusted the deck bushing on the left side of the deck down.

I did it too much, and the left side started cutting lower than the right.

I've been slowly adjusting the left side back up, but no matter how much I seem to do it, the left side is still cutting lower than the right, even though the left side of the deck is visibly higher than the right.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here? Thank you! Pictures below:

Pic 1: Left side cutting lower than right side.

photo_2023-04-29_09-58-04.jpg

Pic 2: Bushing on left side of deck
photo_2023-04-29_09-58-11.jpg

Pic 3: Deck visibly uneven
photo_2023-04-29_09-58-18.jpg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
One of two things possible bent blade or bad bearings in the spindle. Also if you removed the blades recently you got one not fully on the star.

OldDiyer

Threads
I have an older LTX1000 but still applies, first off if you have the manual or you need to get one do that first. Go to the part for adjusting the deck height and believe me do it just as they want you to and don't leave out anything I know this from experience, also I made up measure sticks for all the heights as they are easier to use and then you have them for future use they are made with 1in wood dowels and bases, so they stand on their own well adjustments are made. I have three height gages and readjust the deck as needed every spring as I use a blower in the winter. Since I made the gages and do the adjustment as they want I no longer have an issue with the cut it does take me a bit longer to set it up just because of my age but very happy with the results. Hope this helps