uneven cut on john deere la 115

csmlet

Active Member
I have a 2 year old John Deere LA 115 and has never cut even, Have adjusted the deck numerous times, get it perfect on the concrete and it stills cuts uneven. Just got it back from the dealer and have the same results. Has anyone else had this problem with their John Deere?
 
I'll go for the really easy stuff first. Are all your tires at the correct and equal pressures between the 2 fronts, and are the 2 rears at equal and correct pressure? Check to make sure that your blades are straight, then measure the blade(s) end height, rotate the blade 180* and measure again. Measure from the blade down, not the deck. It may be something as unusual as 2 different mandrels installed on the same deck.:eek: If your tires and suspension are all up to snuff, and your blades are cutting an equal height off the dirt, there isn't too much left. Be sure to take your blade measurements with the deck at your desired cutting height.:biggrin:
 
everything checks out, am going to replace the blades. Has anyone used gator blades on their LA115? If not, what do you recommend for mulching.
 
everything checks out, am going to replace the blades. Has anyone used gator blades on their LA115? If not, what do you recommend for mulching.

I'll be waiting for the reponse to that one. Mine tends to skip a strip right in the middle, especially going around curves. If I slow down it does okay, but who wants to do that! I need to check the deck timing, but also want to investigate new blades.

I'm running an LT155 with 42" Freedom deck.
 
You say the deck is even but it cuts uneven ignore the deck measure from the floor to the blades.

Also make sure the floor is level even garage floors have a slope for drainage so make sure you are getting the correct measurement.

If it cuts uneven it is because it IS uneven.
 
Black Bart, I totally agree with everything you said, The deck is ignored, I check with the JD deck leveler from both tips of each blade and it will be perfect. After a few cuts I notice unven cuts. What am I doing wrong? Took it to the local JD dealer and it was worse when I got it back. I love my JD except for the uneven cuts. As I stated earlier my old murray hardly ever needed to be leveled, but now It seems I need to level before each cut and I usually cut about every 3-4 days.
 
Black Bart, I totally agree with everything you said, The deck is ignored, I check with the JD deck leveler from both tips of each blade and it will be perfect. After a few cuts I notice unven cuts. What am I doing wrong? Took it to the local JD dealer and it was worse when I got it back. I love my JD except for the uneven cuts. As I stated earlier my old murray hardly ever needed to be leveled, but now It seems I need to level before each cut and I usually cut about every 3-4 days.

I have not looked at a 115 before so can not say as to how it adjusts but something must be moving I have not adjusted the deck on my 180 in 25 years.
You are using the correct method to adjust it so look for what is changing.

As the dealer not getting it right that don't surprise me this spring I bought a new ez trak from Mutton in Ft Wayne this is a big place they sell one hell of a lot of JD'S and when I got it home the deck was not adjusted right,, I had to do it myself.

Makes me wonder what it would be like if I hired them to do technical work
 
Back
Top