Turn the key and nothing happens...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you for your help so far...

I purchased a new volt meter. (I've wanted to do that for about 25 years.)

Thank you for the schematic and the advice on what to check and in what order. It all made sense after I spent a bit of time with it.

After randomly checking about 10-15 other items I bypassed the fusible link between the ignition switch and the starter. This is my problem. The dash lights came on and the engine turned over.

So I searched the web for solutions and found these two (connected) blogs:
https://www.greentractortalk.com/threads/lx277-no-start-no-lights.208847/
https://www.mytractorforum.com/threads/lx277-fusible-link-questions.1128409/

I called the local JD dealer. He offered a $112 part called a fusible link kit. There is no picture. They do not stock the kit. They haven't sold one in the past 3 years. He had no specification for the kit.

Does anyone know the specification(s)? Am I looking for a specific wire gauge and length? I'd prefer to install something that meets original specs before altering what I have.
I bypass it with a fuse .
In reality you should use a slow blow fuse but a simple blade seems to have worked in the past
The whole idea was to do away with the fuse by using a length of lighter wire.
They abandoned the idea and went back to a simple fuse and you should to .

mswestfall

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bert,

Thank you! Is a 20A slow blow the correct fuse?

Assuming this is the right JD part TY27113, I can do this for $5.45 + a connector that I have stuffed in a drawer somewhere. That is why I was asking for the wire gauge and length. In looking into it more, I'm not pretty sure that the line length doesn't matter.

This is going to be great. I haven't had to pay for the repair and got to put the money toward a nice volt meter.

Any other comments or concerns are welcome.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Personally I would install water proof fuse holder with a suitable sized ATC fuse. You don't need a slo blow fuse just a 20-30 amp fuse since the there are two 15A fuse in parallel. This way it would easier the replace if the fuse blows again while looking for a short circuit.