Tune up kits?

brucesdeere

Threads
Are they worth the money? When I bought the saw the dealer tried to sell me a tune up kit, it was $50 on sale for $25, sale ends today, it is a spring, a spark and a pull cord, plus and some other stuff, but those were the things I remembered

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are they worth the money? When I bought the saw the dealer tried to sell me a tune up kit, it was $50 on sale for $25, sale ends today, it is a spring, a spark and a pull cord, plus and some other stuff, but those were the things I remembered

You can buy the plug for $2.50 and likely the spring and pull cord for the same. $25 is a ripoff. I have chain saws 20 years old that still have the OEM pull cord and are only on their 4th new plug. Other than chains, never needed to replace anything else but plugs.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
"tune up Kits" are generally things put together just to generate another sale...
I typically know what I need for any particular tune up and only get the items I actually will need...
:smile:KennyV

lizard

Threads
"tune up Kits" are generally things put together just to generate another sale...
I typically know what I need for any particular tune up and only get the items I actually will need...
:smile:KennyV

Yes the dealer is trying to off load slow moving stock.
Only ever buy what you require as you will just never use something that came in a sale kit!
Make your own stuff.......starter ropes or modify something to fit.
Always buy new spark plugs........never clean them......waste of time.:confused2:

brucesdeere

Threads
I didn't bother buying it, I figured I was at least good for a year with a new saw and I'd worry about it next Spring. I am glad I waited after reading this thread.

Twinkle

Threads
I'm glad you didn't buy it. I've been tempted by similar things before but if I ever need them I can guarantee I won't be able to find them!