Tubeless flat tyre

FrenchMikey

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've got a zero turn, with a rear flat tyre (tubeless). I guess I need to remove the wheel and take it to someone for a repair. My question is, where do I jack from - the yellow frame? I'll have to leave it jacked up for a while and I don't want to damage it... Cheers

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Under the rectangle frame will be not problem.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Then throw a wooden block or similar under it, to re-leave the jack, while it sits..

Or, you can buy a tubeless tire repair kit, low cost & plug it yourself. It's simple really. And if you, do tire removal may not be necessary. You will need air compressor tho.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
My tire go to tire people tell me some newer tires inner layer is not to be patched and won't hold a patch because of the new cheeeper material someone discovered . With this in mind if i can find a nail or thorn from my thorny Chittum or Black Locust tree it gets a plug without ever removing the tire . I've had instances when i didn't have a tire plug so a pan head sheet metal screw works just as well , even in a 16" tire at 70 mph .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most the tires here are leaking from dry rot. IF not too bad I install inner tubes.

Be aware tubeless tire repair for automobile tires will not work in lawn care tires as they require heat to cure properly.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Didn't know that, even tho I was referring to externally plugging it, Like your panhead screw deal. Friend with old Jeep does same thing.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most the tires here are leaking from dry rot. IF not too bad I install inner tubes.

Be aware tubeless tire repair for automobile tires will not work in lawn care tires as they require heat to cure properly.
That's how we patched tubes in the good ole days . A Camel patch kit had everything needed other than a kitchen match to light the glue to make it cure - dry faster .The tubes were red rubber .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Still can light the vulcanizing cement but you must using the commercial version but heat is not required. But as said even some the cheap Chinese tubes can't be repaired as the cement doesn't on them.

But glue sniffers ruin it for everyone else.

It is like I got IDed the other day for buying Bic lighters, just another stupid law of Tennessee about smoking items. The next time they try IDing me, I going to tell the clerk to shove them up their anus. I am a non-smoker and only need for starting my torch which I can use a flint striker instead.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't have very good luck plugging the thin 2 ply tires. I have also found some cheap tubeless tires have some weird rubber compound that won't work with patching cement. If the tire has any dry rot i won't attempt any repair and i don't like fitting tubes unless a customer really wants it. I had a 60's lawn tractor in the shop a couple weeks ago and the the front tires we like concrete. Finally broke the beads and the sidewalls were a half inch thick. I had to sawzall the tires in half and grind through the beads to get the old tires off.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes those Chinese tires are using a weird rubber compound that seem to made more of rubberize plastic that normal tire cement don't work on.