Trying to keep warm this winter

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
Man! It has been so cold lately. It's funny because I'm usually the one who gets all excited about the snow and the cold, because I overheat so easily.

We have a fireplace and really should use it. I just have no energy during this time of the year.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Man! It has been so cold lately. It's funny because I'm usually the one who gets all excited about the snow and the cold, because I overheat so easily.

We have a fireplace and really should use it. I just have no energy during this time of the year.

Current temp here in mid-Michigan is 7 degrees, the wind is gusting about 15-20 mph. I have plenty of energy while outdoors, just am so bundled up I can barely bend over or open a door :laughing::laughing::laughing:...maybe tomorrow my bonfire will warm things up, I have invited about 20 people but for some reason everybody seems to be busy on a Saturday...not me, as I am retired. I got ONE thing to do tomorrow, burn the pile, oops make that TWO things, keep warm if possible.

LandN

Threads
hey wheres my invite:laughing: :laughing:

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
Current temp here in mid-Michigan is 7 degrees, the wind is gusting about 15-20 mph. I have plenty of energy while outdoors, just am so bundled up I can barely bend over or open a door :laughing::laughing::laughing:...maybe tomorrow my bonfire will warm things up, I have invited about 20 people but for some reason everybody seems to be busy on a Saturday...not me, as I am retired. I got ONE thing to do tomorrow, burn the pile, oops make that TWO things, keep warm if possible.
I hate that feeling of being so bundled up. I prefer to stay inside so I don't feel like a giant snowman :laughing: Enjoy your bonfire!

Smartaleck

Threads
Gosh, it's positively tropical here compared to you guys! Today it's 3 degrees Celsius or 38 Fahrenheit and we haven't seen snow in a few weeks although this December has been the coldest in the UK since records began, allegedly!

Hershey

Threads
New for me this winter are small portable table heaters that really keep me toasty and use very little electricity. I also wear, as I do every winter, my Austrian Woolly foot warmers. Man, those things warm the body.

monica123

Threads
It is brutally freezing here right now, with the wood stove going and the electric heat it feels like a cold barn in here, it sucks, the chill goes right through you.

eeguns

Threads
It's this time of year that makes me love living in Phoenix. Summer time on the other hand...:eek:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I hate that feeling of being so bundled up. I prefer to stay inside so I don't feel like a giant snowman :laughing: Enjoy your bonfire!

I posted pics of my bonfire this morning, just took the tractor back out to cover the areas where the heat melted snow overnight, the smoke was very unpleasant smelling. I invited 20 people to the burn, TWO showed up and they both lived within shouting distance.

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
I posted pics of my bonfire this morning, just took the tractor back out to cover the areas where the heat melted snow overnight, the smoke was very unpleasant smelling. I invited 20 people to the burn, TWO showed up and they both lived within shouting distance.

Sounds to me that the rest of the people missed out on a great time (The smell never bothers me personally). I'm sure they were kicking themselves for it. Nothing beats the heat of a fire.