Trying to fix a Worx WA0032 24v mower battery

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wattage and ohms law. Decrease voltage, increase in amps to maintain wattage, increases resistance, heats up fuse. All assuming the batteries can still produce the amperage and those could probably do that enough to blow the fuse. Or not.

MowerMike

Threads
Wattage and ohms law. Decrease voltage, increase in amps to maintain wattage, increases resistance, heats up fuse. All assuming the batteries can still produce the amperage and those could probably do that enough to blow the fuse. Or not.

If the battery voltage drops too low, the motor simply will not run, and therefore will not draw any power. If what you said were true, every time your starter motor battery ran down, you would blow a fuse. Anyways, that is a 100 Amp fuse, so there's no way a motor working normally can draw that much current.

ilyaz

Threads
OK thank you everyone! This is good info for me for future. Sadly, I've decided to scrap the mower and recycle the batteries. Could not find replacement batteries online for cheaper than $200 so not worth it...

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
An unfortunately you have found the issue with the battery operated mowers. When you need batteries the replacement cost is almost the cost of a new mower.

MowerMike

Threads
OK thank you everyone! This is good info for me for future. Sadly, I've decided to scrap the mower and recycle the batteries. Could not find replacement batteries online for cheaper than $200 so not worth it...

See my previous post #2. You can buy a set of new batteries for just $100, and they will be better than the original ones. I gave you a link to Amazon where you can buy them.

Last edited:

ilyaz

Threads
See my previous post #2. You can buy as set of new batteries for just $100, and they will be better than the original ones. I gave you a link to Amazon where you can buy them.

I saw them when I did my earlier searches. Those wouldn't fit: too tall.