Trying to find a belt keeper / guide that appears to be obsolete.

Bleach

Threads
  • / Trying to find a belt keeper / guide that appears to be obsolete.
1684611011986.png

So I have a slight dilemma. Ever since this part broke I've been having issues with the drive belt failing early. This drive belt is the most difficult belt to replace. The guide keeps a long section of the belt from flopping around. I can't find the old guide. It probably got shot off into the woods or surrounding brush somewhere. I've looked on ebay trying to match something similar that I might be able to modify but no luck. It looks simple enough to make but it's made out of some high tensile wire that can't be bent with regular hand tools.
Everywhere I've looked says it's on back order or just plain unavailable. Anyone have a spare maybe?

Bleach

Threads
I tried that plus a few other numbers.

Bleach

Threads
I decided to try one of the search results without a photo of the part. I carefully cross referenced the descriptions along with any common part numbers. I ordered from Mowpart,com. I've never done business with them before. Maybe somebody here has?

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
if they don't have it, Call around for part 532177679. It is on backorder but some places show in stock. That means nothing these days.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most those are just showing in stock to get site traffic...

Bleach

Threads
I've been waiting for the part for about two months and heard nothing. I wrote to them and they wrote back it wouldn't be until November before they could get one.
I just found a used one on eBay. I bought it. I can't really run the tractor without it. I ruined the drive belt without it and that is a big PITA to replace.

Bleach

Threads
I installed the keeper while I replaced the drive belt. The only practical way to replace the belt is remove the mower deck and raise the tractor completely vertical. It's otherwise a very tedious job to do from underneath.
IMG_2668.JPG

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IT is only a bit of full hard rod bent
Not hard to make in the average home workshop

And yes that is the way I usually work on tractors .