TroyBilt TB30R Blade Engagement Lever (Handle)

jimshoe52

Threads
I have a TroyBilt TB30R. I just finished replacing the deck spindle, blade belt & blade. I've got the deck back in but I've had a "senior moment" and can't remember how the blade engagement lever goes back together. The lever is in its place but I can't figure out what's connected to it so when the lever is moved it should engage the blade.

platefire

Threads
Well most common riding mowers the deck engagement lever is attached to a cable that is attached to the
idler pulleys bracket on the deck. There is also a spring that attaches to the idler pulley bracket on one end
and the deck on the other that keeps the deck engaged until you release it.

Look up your model on the net and should be able to find an exploded view of your deck showing all
the parts that shows how it all fits together

jimshoe52

Threads
Well most common riding mowers the deck engagement lever is attached to a cable that is attached to the
idler pulleys bracket on the deck. There is also a spring that attaches to the idler pulley bracket on one end
and the deck on the other that keeps the deck engaged until you release it.

Look up your model on the net and should be able to find an exploded view of your deck showing all
the parts that shows how it all fits together
Thanks for getting with me. This morning I figured it out. Yes, it's got a cable attached to the handle But, I found that attacking the cable with the springs on the blade brake is what got the blade turning. My memory got the best of me. Lol, thanks again