Troybilt Pony will not start

JGray

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I have a unique issue. I have a Troybilt Pony, 2011 Model 13WN77KS011, with B&S 17.5 OHV motor that will not start. It went through a flood, cleaned all water out of gas, oil, spark plug valves, and anywhere else it was. Cleaned starter out and it started and mowed twice with it. The next time I went to mow, it wouldn't turn over. I replaced starter, solenoid, Ignition switch, spark plug and battery. Still not turning over. I checked all the safety switches and they were working as they should. I am getting 12v to ignition switch. When I went from battery to starter it tried to start. I am at a loss. Thinking wiring but would like some feedback please.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The mower is not right here for all to see so we need more information
1) what do you hear , feel , see & smell from the second your bum hits the seat.
It could be mechanical like a hydro lock , valve lash or alternator jambed
It could be electrical as simple as the battery leads fallen off or corroded through under the insulation

JGray

Forum Newbie
Threads
The mower is not right here for all to see so we need more information
1) what do you hear , feel , see & smell from the second your bum hits the seat.
It could be mechanical like a hydro lock , valve lash or alternator jambed
It could be electrical as simple as the battery leads fallen off or corroded through under the insulation
Nothing happens. No click, or anything. I did notice the battery cable is getting hot. I hooked a new cable from battery to starter and still nothing.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I did notice the battery cable is getting hot.
Which one? Detail details........ Guessing the positive? You have to be descriptive to help US help U.

Bet the ground path is total rust.

Remove both battery cables. CLEAN down to fresh clean metal. Little 220 sandypaper or wire wheel. Betting both battery cables will need replacing. Wires soaked in water is not a good thing.

A wire heating up is excess resistance as from a poor connection.

Everything electrical needs removed, cleaned and inspected.

JGray

Forum Newbie
Threads
Which one? Detail details........ Guessing the positive? You have to be descriptive to help US help U.

Bet the ground path is total rust.

Remove both battery cables. CLEAN down to fresh clean metal. Little 220 sandypaper or wire wheel. Betting both battery cables will need replacing. Wires soaked in water is not a good thing.

A wire heating up is excess resistance as from a poor connection.

Everything electrical needs removed, cleaned and inspected.
Thank you, I will do this and let you know what happens.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Get a pair of booster cables
Use them to bypass the battery leads , one at a time .
Not uncommon for a ZTR battery cable to be corroded through in the middle where you can not see it just from condensed moisture wicking down the cable let alone being under water .

JGray

Forum Newbie
Threads
Get a pair of booster cables
Use them to bypass the battery leads , one at a time .
Not uncommon for a ZTR battery cable to be corroded through in the middle where you can not see it just from condensed moisture wicking down the cable let alone being under water .
I will try it. Thank you