Troy built Kohler Courage SV601

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky4

Threads
I have a Kohler Courage SV601. Had to replace governor. motor starts just fine but can only run it in fast position. If you try to go to medium or slow, engine stops.
Not sure if cam gears are properly lined up. The manual says "rotate gear and shaft so that EX timing mark on cam gear is in 8 o'clock position." This is the exhaust.
For the intake it says "Rotate gear and shaft so IN timing mark on cam gear is in 4 o'clock position." Why are they using the EX and IN as timing marks.
How should I time this engine?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Scroll down page to SV601 Service Manual.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Kind of sounds like you may have a carburetor issue... also, does this mower use the All in 1 choke system, where if you push the throttle all of the way up the choke engages?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
No need to run at med or low revs. You lose cooling and oil lubrication doing that. Max revs ALL the time.

rocky4

Threads
Kind of sounds like you may have a carburetor issue... also, does this mower use the All in 1 choke system, where if you push the throttle all of the way up the choke engThanks for replying

rocky4

Threads
Thanks for replying, Yes it is an all in one. I think you are right about being a carburetor issue. I changed out carburetor with another one and it does better but have not had the chance to fine tune yet. I had it running and continued to spray choke cleaner in carburetor and it would run as long as I did this. That says fuel problem to me. Thanks again.

rocky4

Threads
Scroll down page to SV601 Service Manual.
Thanks for replying. I did get the service manual. It is kinda vague in a lot of areas. Think I have it narrowed down to carburetor problem.

Suzie

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is funny to me that I provided just what he did even more about my mower but someone thought since I was a woman they would make fun of me what is up with this.. I told what my model number was but asked for more but not him

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
It is funny to me that I provided just what he did even more about my mower but someone thought since I was a woman they would make fun of me what is up with this.. I told what my model number was but asked for more but not him
your issue can vary depending what piece of equipment/mower your engine is mounted on.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry Suzie but I do not see anywhere that you were rediculed
You started 2 threads for the same problem which normally would have the techs asking you to remove one of them
In both cases you were given honest strait forward answers
Kohler Courage 19 crankcase mounts
Rivets #1 asked for the mower details , the exact same way he always does
Me # 2 gave you generic information on engine mounting bolts , where to find the information Rivets asked for and how to get better replies by finding out corret names

You never responded to either of us

Your scond thread

Engine Mount bolt broken off​

Me # 1 gave reasonably detailed generic instructions on removing broken bolts, the way I do it
you # 2 a plain ( and appreciated ) thank you .

I do not see anywhere that you were treated in a humilitating or demeaning mannar
I for one take some extra time when responding to posts from people who are not commensurate with mowers and /or mower terminology and this is regardless of the gender of the poster .
I ran a courier business with 400 customers of which 350 were either a single woman ( food writers / styists / photographers ) or run by women and this came about because I treated them like humans with respect so they recommended me word of mouth.

FWIW I am married to a true femanist ( not a bra buring exhibitionist ) and I am well aware of the demeaning attitudes many men take towards women so I take extra care to explain what I do & why I do it to them, if they ask for it .
So to have you accuse me of treating you badly because of your gender is quite insulting.
Even more so as you choose to do it in some one elses thread , not in your own.

You know wat your problems are because it is staring you in the face
We have noting to work with but letters on a screen so regularly need to ask people to clarify what exatly they want to know which is all your were asked to do

Status
Not open for further replies.