troy built fuel bulb

randy ransome

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can't get the bulb to pump up. I've changed the bulb cleaned the carb, checked the fuel filter, but it will not pump up.
When I pump the bulb you can see fuel start to pump into the line but it stops. If I keep pumping it builds up pressure in the fuel tank.
If I pump it many times then pull the return fuel line off you can hear the pressure release from the line.
For some reason it's building up pressure. If I remove the gas cap and pump it it won't pump up.
I give up. HELP!
:confused2:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Assuming that this is a trimmer. Make sure the fuel line in the tank isn't broken to start. This should be a fuel line to carb, carb to primer, primer back to fuel tank setup. When pushing the primer does it sound like you are sucking air through the throat of the carb. if so that means there is a check valve stuck open, and about 99 percent of the time will require a replacement carb.

Mikel1

Threads
Assuming that this is a trimmer. Make sure the fuel line in the tank isn't broken to start. This should be a fuel line to carb, carb to primer, primer back to fuel tank setup. When pushing the primer does it sound like you are sucking air through the throat of the carb. if so that means there is a check valve stuck open, and about 99 percent of the time will require a replacement carb.

This ^