Troy Bilt TB30R Blade engagement

miata54

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've had this mower 3 weeks. Bought new. Mowed three times with it. No problems. Deck height set at 4. Blade engaged without issue. Went to mow lawn yesterday with deck height set to 5. Tried to engage blade but it wouldn't move beyond halfway in the gate slot. Reset the deck height to 4 and I was able to move the blade engagement lever all the way forward and into the lock. I stopped the mower, jacked it up and lowered the deck to the bottom level of 1 to allow maximum viewing. Everything looked normal and in place. I have made no adjustments to anything. Pure stock as delivered and no problems with first 3 mows. No hits on the under carriage. Nothing. Something is obviously binding the blade engagement mechanism with the deck at level 5, BUT WHAT? Has me stumped. Any thoughts are appreciated

Thanks.

miata54

Forum Newbie
Threads
After reading the manual, the only possibilities that I can come up with are 1. I gained weight, or 2, I lost some tire pressure. There is an adjustment on a flange nut that controls the angle of the deck relative to the ground. Will check that out. It is not a critical problem as everything works at deck level 4. I just like to have proper functionality with what the mower came with.

Gorrillasnot

Threads
I've had this mower 3 weeks. Bought new. Mowed three times with it. No problems. Deck height set at 4. Blade engaged without issue. Went to mow lawn yesterday with deck height set to 5. Tried to engage blade but it wouldn't move beyond halfway in the gate slot. Reset the deck height to 4 and I was able to move the blade engagement lever all the way forward and into the lock. I stopped the mower, jacked it up and lowered the deck to the bottom level of 1 to allow maximum viewing. Everything looked normal and in place. I have made no adjustments to anything. Pure stock as delivered and no problems with first 3 mows. No hits on the under carriage. Nothing. Something is obviously binding the blade engagement mechanism with the deck at level 5, BUT WHAT? Has me stumped. Any thoughts are appreciated

Thanks.
With the mower not running have someone move the deck engagement lever while you look at the left side of the deck. There is a floating idler pulley that has some sort of handle looking piece on it that sometimes can hang on stuff and cause the blades not to be able to engage.

Attachments

• diagram.jpg
    diagram.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 10

miata54

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've seen that handle. Will check it out/