Troy Bilt Tb210 leaking gasket

ttfndude

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought this mower new. Has about 4 hours on it and it stopped running. I assumed the wife left fuel in it so I checked the bowl and carburetor. They were clean, filter clean, everything looked good. Was putting everything back together and had her pull start while I shot carb cleaner in and it was here that I noticed fuel running from the back of the carb. I checked all 5 gaskets (yeah talk about overkill) and they all looked good. I can’t see any cracks. Any other ideas on what could be the cause? And does anyone have a torque value for the nuts on the carb?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The float valve is not closing properly
Fuel fills the bowl then overflows out of the vent hole at the back of the carb.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just bought this mower new. Has about 4 hours on it and it stopped running. I assumed the wife left fuel in it so I checked the bowl and carburetor. They were clean, filter clean, everything looked good. Was putting everything back together and had her pull start while I shot carb cleaner in and it was here that I noticed fuel running from the back of the carb. I checked all 5 gaskets (yeah talk about overkill) and they all looked good. I can’t see any cracks. Any other ideas on what could be the cause? And does anyone have a torque value for the nuts on the carb?
Take it back where you bought and have them fix it. Or if a box store have them replace it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have found that many DIY guys roll the bowl gasket when reassembling the carb, with will then not seal causing the problem Bert described. Looks like a bad seat, but actually is a bad gasket seal.

ttfndude

Forum Newbie
Threads
I should have led with I repair small Honda engines as part of my job. Which means I’ve seen a lot but there is always a chance I missed something. I checked the seat and the gasket, both are in good shape and or on correctly. That’s not to say I didn’t get a perfect seat the first time out. I was more making sure my ft pounds was correct as it seems the two small nuts creat all the seals on all 6 gaskets to be correct. The front mount is of course plastic and I could be over tightening possibly? I did call the purchase place and they said they couldn’t take it but I could have it repaired at the ”local” Troy bilt authorized repair place 30 miles away but they are only open M-F 9 to 5. So unless I take a day off work it looks like the repair will be on me. In any case I can try to buy a new gasket and also thank you all for your help.