troy bilt sp model 12A1869F011 high revs

jerrycmorrow

Threads
took the carb off this weekend. no screw on the throttle plate and it was looking good. looks like i may have take it apart. whatta PITA getting the self propelled mechanism off the bottom so i can remove the engine.
just wondering - since this may be an oil slinger issue. i'm assuming the slinger is immersed in the oil. if the oil is low will that affect the governor function? i'm back at work so don't know if its low or not. forgot to check it the other day. will have to just for jollies.

jerrycmorrow

Threads
nah! full of oil. aint got time to fix it. gonna buy a new one. will fix it one day.

jerrycmorrow

Threads
updating this OLD!!!!!, ya think?, thread.
Decided to tear it down to see what could be done.
Turns out the oil slinger/governor has bent ends so when the centrifugal forces go into effect the arms don't pull the plastic "rod" up which, in turn, then doesn't adjust the throttle on the carb thereby governing the rpm's. Got pieces coming. Will let you knowold oil slinger - 1.jpgold oil slinger - 2.jpg

jerrycmorrow

Threads
@Rivets @Fish
FYI. See previous post too
Mower runs good. Now just need tranny control cable. Amazing that it couldn’t sit outside for six years without corroding. Hoping it’s the cable anyway cause don’t wanna hafts fool with the tranny

jerrycmorrow

Threads
Drive belt keeps jumping off. Replaced the rear baffle that had a sizable chunk out of it cause I thought the rocks and sticks my yard grows mighta been knocking the belt off. That didn’t fix it. Now I’m wondering if the drive belt or cable might be stretched and causing the problem.
what say y’all?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take the belt off an lay it flat on the ground.
If it wants to sit in a twisted way then it is buggered.
Kevlar belts do not stretch, they wear thin so go sloppy.
However when jumping off they can also damage the chords within the belt