Troy-Bilt or Husqvarna Self-Propelled Walk Behind

Cruisefor2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm looking to purchase new mower and keeping cost at no more than $380. I've looked at both subject mower brands. I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about either one...I'm open to suggestions if you know of something better in the same price range.

Husqvarna HU700F, 160cc Honda, FWD, 22" cut...$349

Troy-Bilt TB230, 190cc, B&S 725 series, FWD, 21" cut...$299

Troy-Bilt TB360, 190cc, B&S 875 Performance Series, RWD, 21" cut...$369

All three mowers have large rear wheels and feature variable speed drives.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would go with the only rwd on the list. I personally dislike fwd a lot .... However it is a troy bilt and I have worked on quite a few of them and all of.them were kinda junky feeling.

Cruisefor2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would go with the only rwd on the list. I personally dislike fwd a lot .... However it is a troy bilt and I have worked on quite a few of them and all of.them were kinda junky feeling.

Can you provide specifics on Troy-Built repairs ? Any comments on Husqvarna good or bad ?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Go to Lowes and buy the same mower as the Husqvarna, but with the Poulan/Poulan Pro label on it, you will save at least $100 and get the same exact mower.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Same deal with Troy Bilt, get a Yard Man/Yard Machines/many more, same mower, less money....

possum

Threads
The TB230 is a real workhorse.

Cruisefor2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Troy-Bilt or Husqvarna Self-Propelled Walk Behind///what about Toro ?

I saw a Toro at local small equipment dealer that looked pretty good today...it was a Toro 20372.

Had a Toro built engine...TXP 159cc, Personal Pace rear wheel drive, 22" cut. What do you guys think ?

Toro was sitting next to a Husqvarna HU700F w/Honda engine. To me, the build quality looks better on the Husqvarna...thicker steel deck, wheel bearings on all 4 corners. I do like Toro's Personal Pace system over what the Husqvarna has...just seems like it would be easier on the hands while mowing.

possum

Threads
Most folks who own one like the Toro personal pace mowers. The engines are the usual by now China copy of a old Honda. About everyone has one nowdays. The claim is always the same the company owns a percentage of the factory and use their own specs for each and every engine. Toro stands behind theirs very well. I have heard few complaints about them other than the snowblower engines a few years ago.