Blades troy bilt 753b Blade Drive Belt Replacement - novice question

osminm

Forum Newbie
Hello, first time doing a belt replacement on a mower. Should the tension be so high on the belt? Noticing I have to force the belt significantly to get it over "K" in the attached. Can anyone share having to do this? Attaching pictures of the cable reach.

Diagram:
2017-04-20_11-00-31.png

Cable seems short:
mower-IMG_20170419_232510.jpg


I confirmed the belt part #1769767 but ordered OEM through amazon (same day) - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OKBEUK/ (says it replaces Troy-Bilt: 1769767).
 
Last edited:
FYI, tried to use a long screw driver to force the cable into the last pulley and it won't give..any ideas?
 
That belt should be loose when installed, because of the manual engagement. Every variation I found for that mower shows you have the correct belt. Make sure the belt isn't hung up on something or on the wrong side of something that is preventing the correct routing of the belt.
 
Back
Top