troy bilt 13AB77BS023 can't disengage the wheels so I can move it!

lma

Threads
  • / troy bilt 13AB77BS023 can't disengage the wheels so I can move it!
Have a 2 year old troy bilt 13AB77BS023, which I inherited.
It's a CVT without foot control which I've never used before. I got it with a dead battery (of course), so the couple times I've driven it, I jumped it (getting new battery today). Everything works fine, expect I can't unlock the transmission so I can move it!

I got it in neutral so and the wheels disengaged soI could push it once, but I can't get the transmission in neutral again so I can move it. (I mean, I can put the transmission in neutral, but it doesn't disagree to the wheels)

This may seem like a stupid question, but how to you disengage the transmission in order to move it?
The thing has a max of 15 hrs on it, and everything looks and runs great.
The only riding mowers I've ever used were the ones where the pin is used to disengage the wheels.
I feel like I'm missing something!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Parking brake on the right front corner may be stuck in the engaged position. Very common with rust issues, Will stick when the brake pedal is pressed to start. May be as simple as reaching under the corner and pulling on the twisted flat metal brake engagement lever and then lubing with your finest oil, or could be as complicated as removing the brake assembly to cleaning the corrosion from the brake engage pins.

lma

Threads
Parking brake on the right front corner may be stuck in the engaged position. Very common with rust issues, Will stick when the brake pedal is pressed to start. May be as simple as reaching under the corner and pulling on the twisted flat metal brake engagement lever and then lubing with your finest oil, or could be as complicated as removing the brake assembly to cleaning the corrosion from the brake engage pins.
Thanks. Would that situation allow the tractor to be driven normally, but just not unlock the wheels when it's off?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
With being listed as a 2020 model then the brake can be partially struck and the mower is powering thru the partially stuck brakes. Especially if the mower have been left out in the weather.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Jack the rear off the ground and turn one wheel
If it turns fairly easily & the other wheel turns the opposite way the the brake is applied