Trimmers

Driller

Threads
How difficult is it to use a trimmer? Are they heavy? Do they get into difficult corners? I'm just asking because I've never been up close with one and have been considering getting one to spruce up what the lawn service misses or doesn't really do.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
There are heavy and cumbersome types to be sure...
But for your needs, you should find a lot of smaller, easy to handle models... :smile:KennyV

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
How difficult is it to use a trimmer? Are they heavy? Do they get into difficult corners? I'm just asking because I've never been up close with one and have been considering getting one to spruce up what the lawn service misses or doesn't really do.

Hand Held Trimmers generally run from 11 to 13 lbs and go and cut about anywhere and they're not a difficult piece of equipment to run. If you're considering a Hand Held Trimmer for your home I'd look at the Echo Brand Trimmers, they have a 5 year warranty for the home owner. :thumbsup:
If you have a Lawn Service and you have to trim after they are gone, personally they would be gone. :thumbdown:

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads

I'm sure it's my technique, but I find them very agravating and unpleasant to operate. I often curse th inventor, who ever he is.
I recomend the brushcutter attachment for heavy stuff.

adan

Threads

I haven't used one myself, but I have touched one :) There are also several trimmers that operate around home in the morning. We call these trimmer operators the "bull gang" for I don't know what reason. Yes, they're good for cutting grass in difficult corners, especially under trees with protruding roots. They are light weight and easy to operate.