Trim Mac 210 strimmer / trimmer fuel cap leaks from centre hole

schmitty

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Trim Mac 210 strimmer / trimmer fuel cap leaks from centre hole
I have an old Trim Mac 210 that I bought second hand a few years ago. This year it's started leaking fuel from the centre hole of the cap. It's not too bad with a small amount of fuel in the tank provided I don't let the cap end of the tank tilt downwards. I can't see anything missing inside from the centre of the cap.

If I look at photos of the inside view of a replacement part online they show a plastic retaining lug fitted that's presumably there to allow you to refill the tank without loosing the cap. Mine didn't come with this but I don't see how having that lug would make any difference to how the fuel tank breathes through the cap.

The replacement caps aren't particularly cheap so I don't want to buy one unless it will solve the fuel leak problem.

Can anyone give some advice please? Thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Cap should have a breather of some kind in there.
They fall out .
Some times you find them in the tank, some times they fall out when refilling and don't get noticed.
Should be an aftermarket cap to fit it quite cheap but you will need to go to a repair shop to match it .
I said repair, not big glass fronted "sell them new stuff" store.

schmitty

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your quick reply. I guess the breather is some sort of one way valve. Looking at my cap it would have to be a push fit onto the centre inside of the cap, seems a bit silly that it's not an integral part of the cap. Anyway, I'll follow your advice and see if I can get an aftermarket cap.