Transmissions choices

lilusman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ive been looking at a lot of zero turn mowers recently. Had finally narrowed it down to two mowers that have the hydrogear 3400 transmissions. Then I looked on craigslist and found a guy selling an Exmark Lazer Z S series that has "2 Exmarkョ exclusive Parker unitized pump and wheel motor systems with no hoses, integrated cooling fans, 1.7 qt. integrated reservoir, spin-on filter and heavy-duty components". can anyone tell me which is better and more reliable?
Thanks, lilusman

WISCOPROUD

Threads
parker is a better trans. Snapper Pro also uses them. Hydro gear 3400 more residential. Parker is intermediate commercial

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
parker is a better trans. Snapper Pro also uses them. Hydro gear 3400 more residential. Parker is intermediate commercial

FYI The ZT-3400 transaxle was designed for larger commercial applications. The ZT-3400´s large 12cc variable displacement seven piston pump and 16cc fixed displacement seven piston motor is capable of delivering up to 225 ft/lbs. of continuous torque. Power is routed through a mechanical gear reduction with a single 1.125 inch shaft output. The ZT-3400 delivers smooth, infinitely variable speed and bi-directional control in a durable integrated package. Fewer potential leak points for greater reliability, External oil filter for easier maintenance.

Last edited:

WISCOPROUD

Threads
so you proved u can read and copy some sales lit. from a website:laughing: I've worked on these machines for a looooong time. I have a good grasp on these transaxles and know the durability. i would NEVER use the 3400 in any type of comm app. Very residential. Parker=better. Separate pumps and wheel motors=Best.:cool:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
so you proved u can read and copy some sales lit. from a website:laughing: I've worked on these machines for a looooong time. I have a good grasp on these transaxles and know the durability. i would NEVER use the 3400 in any type of comm app. Very residential. Parker=better. Separate pumps and wheel motors=Best.:cool:

I pulled my information from
Hydro-Gear Hydrostatic Drives Transmissions and Transaxles
seeing there the manufacturers of the drives I think they would probably know more about there products than anyone here. If you like the Parker fine, but the ZT 3400 is a commercial drive unit Not a residential unit and just as reliable as the Parker. To tell people that it's not, you would be giving false and incorrect information to the members and the OP

Last edited:

WISCOPROUD

Threads
its their job to sell these things and they can say anything they want to do so. Im speakn from experience and ur right its my opinion but i can tell people my opinion and they can use it or wipe their butts with it, i dont care. Maybe the term "Commercial" means different things for different people. I know cub cadet is manufactured by MTD.YIKES!!! McDonalds market their burgers as the best & i dont have 2 explain that they suck, i hope:licking:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
its their job to sell these things and they can say anything they want to do so Im speakn from experience and ur right its my opinion but i can tell people my opinion and they can use it or wipe their butts with it, i dont care. Maybe the term "Commercial" means different things for different people. I know cub cadet is manufactured by MTD.YIKES!!! McDonalds market their burgers as the best & i dont have 2 explain that they suck, i hope:licking:

Yes it's there job too sell things and to produce a product that can be used for residential as well as commercially and for a product that you say sucks, it's funny to me that every manufacturer that produces a ZTR uses one type or another of the Hydro-drives systems on there mowers.
It's funny you should mention Cub Cadet and it's probably a knock on the mowers that I use in my business and that's ok, the thing is I use those CC ZTR mowers week in week out and have for seven years, 240 plus lawns a month and never had a break down and all done with a Hydro Gear Drive system. Not bad for an MTD and the HGDS and personally I like Micky Dee Burgers.:wink:

WISCOPROUD

Threads
and i work on 500 riding mowers a month for 15 years:tongue:

txzrider

Threads
how the heck do you work on 500 mowers a month? At an avg of 22 days per month(5 day weeks) and 8 hours a day... 1 hour per mower... that is 176 per month, and .5 hours per ... that is 352! Working 7 days a week that is still 16 mowers a day.

WISCOPROUD

Threads
obviously i was exaggerating just like calling a cub cadet a "commercial" machine. you guys make me:laughing: im done chatting w/:confused2: