Transmission repair

CajunMan89

Threads
I may have figured it out. I opened it back up to examine the gears while spinning the wheels. The shifter was still in the neutral position, but the wheels were turning opposite from one another. After continuously spinning the wheels, something seemed to "seat" itself in there and then both wheels started turning in the same direction. I'll put on a new sealant, bolt it back together and see what I have then.

CajunMan89

Threads
I had the thing in neutral, but after I put it back together with the new gasket, it does the same thing! Would it hurt after the gasket dries to loosen the bolts a little bit? Maybe they're too tight?

If not, the only thing I can see is that when I flip it upside down to bolt it back together, I place it on two small blocks to lift the wheels off the ground. That way it holds the pan tight against the rest of the trans. Perhaps something moves when I flip it over?

I didn't have to take the trans. completely apart, such as remove the gears, etc.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you looked at the manual which I posted. My guess is either you have a thrust washer in backwards or more likely a bushing which is not seating. Look carefully at the bushings, they have a small lock which must be installed in the proper location in the housing. If not installed properly the bushing will pinch the shaft on reassembly. Make sure you look over the manual.