Transmission oils for Gravely 991078 Pro-Turn 160

OAC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, djdicetn, for your information. I purposely have been putting off the job (it's now overdue) because I don't know how to get the rear wheels off the ground without damaging the bottom of the mower. So your info in post #8 is really helpful. No more looking for a brick wall to drive up against, etc. Still amazed at that $250 price tag that the dealer wants for the service. I'll bet you'd be a really good neighbor.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks, djdicetn, for your information. I purposely have been putting off the job (it's now overdue) because I don't know how to get the rear wheels off the ground without damaging the bottom of the mower. So your info in post #8 is really helpful. No more looking for a brick wall to drive up against, etc. Still amazed at that $250 price tag that the dealer wants for the service. I'll bet you'd be a really good neighbor.

No problem, glad I could help. So you're a bit over the recommended 75 hour first hydro service? Probably not a problem if you do it within 100 hours or so. If you are going to jack up the rear with a floor hydraulic jack like I did(using a 2" x 8" board placed under the engine guard, up against the heat shield), I would still consider having the front wheels secured with wheel chocks on both sides. I didn't do that when I installed my striper kit and removed the rear wheels but I didn't get on the mower, start it up and engage the wheels in motion either. It would pay to be extra safe(that's why they recommend driving it up against a wall to keep it from moving). Let us know how it goes.