Transmission belt routing for 2005 John deere LR135 automatic

reefgeek

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Transmission belt routing for 2005 John deere LR135 automatic
Hi, can anyone help me with a routing diagram for the transmission belt on a 2005 JD LR135 Automatic ( also known as SB 92 Hydro), I have spent days researching on the web and have found details for every JD ride on you can imagine, but no info on mine.If it helps, this is how I think it goes , but it means that the "V" side of the belt will be contacting the 2 small flat idlers near the transmission pulley which doesn't seem right to me;
ThanksView attachment Scan.pd.fbelt routing.pdf

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Very close. Move the belt to the inside of the 2 small idler pulleys and that will be correct.

reefgeek

Forum Newbie
Threads
Very close. Move the belt to the inside of the 2 small idler pulleys and that will be correct.

Thanks very much for your reply, I have tried this and, unless I am missing something, it doesn't appear to work, because the belt fouls on the discharge chute and doesn't make contact with the small idlers at all, it seems that the only way to avoid the belt fouling on the discharge chute is to route it through the outside of the small idlers ?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have another thought but I'm on my phone and I can't renew your picture. When I get to a computer I will adjust your picture and send it back.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
See if this will work. My idea is in red.
JD drive belt.jpg

reefgeek

Forum Newbie
Threads
See if this will work. My idea is in red.
View attachment 29007

Hi again, and thanks for your replies, I didnt get chance to work on my tractor again until late yesterday and, in the end my original routing was the one that worked, I just doubted it because the V side of the belt contacted the 2 small flat idlers but, obviously, thats how it has to be, once again thanks,
Steve

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes a weird one that.
Downloaded a dozen different owners manuals and the JD on line manual but none showed the belt routing.
Ran the JD parts numbers through all of my aftermarket suppliers cattledogs , again drew a blank and the JD online parts ctalogue just lists them as idler pulleys.
That in itself is weird as JD usually specifies flat or V in the product description