Transaxle assembly replacement for ZT Elite 60, fair price estimate

Wayne Wells

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Transaxle assembly replacement for ZT Elite 60, fair price estimate
Any advice on a fair price to totally replace the transaxle assembly for a Bad Boy ZT Elite with a 60 inch deck?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can’t really give you a fair price, as we have no idea where you are located or the labor rate in your area. Plus it will also depend on if you are going to want other maintenance done while the unit is laid up. Tranny runs about $630, belt $45, filters $20@, fluid $7-$15 per quart, labor 2.5-4 hours at $75-$125/hr. Labor is the biggest variable, as different shops do this different ways, plus many times paying more means a better quality job, but not always.

Wayne Wells

Forum Newbie
Threads
No worries, I always take o
Can’t really give you a fair price, as we have no idea where you are located or the labor rate in your area. Plus it will also depend on if you are going to want other maintenance done while the unit is laid up. Tranny runs about $630, belt $45, filters $20@, fluid $7-$15 per quart, labor 2.5-4 hours at $75-$125/hr. Labor is the biggest variable, as different shops do this different ways, plus many times paying more means a better quality job, but not always.
No worries, I always take any opinion with a grain of salt, but it definitely helps to hear from someone who knows more than I do. Thanks!

Wayne Wells

Forum Newbie
Threads
No worries, I always take o

No worries, I always take any opinion with a grain of salt, but it definitely helps to hear from someone who knows more than I do. Thanks!
One more dumb question: should I double that tranny price (part cost) since there is a right and a left transaxle, or Is that is there typic
One more (possibly dumb) question: Should I double that tranny price (part only) since there is a left and a right transaxle? Your price guesstimate is in line with the cost I’ve seen online for each separate transaxle, but maybe that’s just the inflated per price part?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Same price either side. Prices may vary depending on where it is purchased, but if I were you, spending that amount of money, I would go through a Bad Boy dealer to make sure I don’t get a clone.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Reported.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Both sides at once will have a higher labour rate than one side only but not double the one side price .