Tranny problem

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Takes longer to pull the tranny out & clean it than it does to replace the worn parts.
I was not joking about mowing in reverse.
had a customer do that for a whole season before he would let me at his mower.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Takes longer to pull the tranny out & clean it than it does to replace the worn parts.
I was not joking about mowing in reverse.
had a customer do that for a whole season before he would let me at his mower.

Mowing in reverse the whole season? I have no doubt. Some people are just stubborn (or broke)
As far as the time goes, that's what it looked like to me. Took both of the guys like 30 seconds to put the new parts in the tranny. HOPEFULLY, there will be no broken pieces in there, so I don't have to clean it out. BUt I highly doubt I'll get that lucky.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Turns out. THE only thing wrong in the tranny was someone before left the washers out. Luckily, I ordered an extra. Added the new washer and everything meshed up like it was supposed to. I Went ahead an put in the new gear. There was a little bit of wear on the edge. Not really enough to worry about. The clutch was fine and dandy.

Everything back together and working great.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Doesn't take much wear on those gears to cause issues. It seems the teeth on the shift collar only engage about halfway into the bevel gear and just a small amount of wear will allow it to hop.