? Trade Dragster for Mower ?

woi2ld

Threads
trade 71 chevy Chevelle BBC , caged narrowed Ford 9" on weld Drag Lites , big lumpy cam , double pumper , billet MSD , 3800 stall , $3k in fiberglass doors hoods fenders bumpers..sitting around for 10 yrs..................may trade for a mower or tractor that will rip through my 3 acres of tall grass

Attachments

• 71chevelle 013.jpg
    71chevelle 013.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 22

Oddball

Threads
Do it. Its a shame to let that Chevelle sit and go to waste.

robert

Threads
ditto, plus who can afford to put the juice in one of those anymore. Paint it green, put a gang mower up front and take it to your local JD dealer-wonder what the would give you...?

Is there a market for the car, value?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
trade 71 chevy Chevelle BBC , caged narrowed Ford 9" on weld Drag Lites , big lumpy cam , double pumper , billet MSD , 3800 stall , $3k in fiberglass doors hoods fenders bumpers..sitting around for 10 yrs..................may trade for a mower or tractor that will rip through my 3 acres of tall grass

What motor, big block....hmm, I know a lot about cars, could it have a 454? Heck any mower will go thru tall grass if you cut a few inches width at a time. Did you run the car in drags, take it in trade for a debt, whatever?

benski

Threads
Take a look at the CLAAS 1400RC in the general discussion thread...:cool:

woi2ld

Threads
Do it. Its a shame to let that Chevelle sit and go to waste.

its not a waste , its an asset..... think one of the more desirable old chevys still , so its an asset like some of you think about your JD's i hope

woi2ld

Threads
ditto, plus who can afford to put the juice in one of those anymore. Paint it green, put a gang mower up front and take it to your local JD dealer-wonder what the would give you...?

Is there a market for the car, value?

i knew ther would be jokes...but i thot about it too :smile:

woi2ld

Threads
What motor, big block....hmm, I know a lot about cars, could it have a 454? Heck any mower will go thru tall grass if you cut a few inches width at a time. Did you run the car in drags, take it in trade for a debt, whatever?

that year was 396 BBC.....nope , no dragstrip , it was streetable tubed and tubbed befor tearing it down to work on the narrowed back half.....this is the second chevelle . i finished the first and sold @ Pomona CA show in 1998ish then started this one to keep for myself and lost motivation between all the ones ive workd on inbetween.

woi2ld

Threads
Take a look at the CLAAS 1400RC in the general discussion thread...:cool:

thats insane benski , especially the people near it wen the blades are up....ive three chevys rite now , luv them , but ford would be my second choice.....i've always said to my ford freinds , 'you can drive a chevy to a dinner party , Fords a tractor' lol....im really starting to think/dream of getting a blue compact Ford tractor.....im not shure wat to google or search for. If anyone her has xperience with the Fords , plz let me know , i dont want to be working on it every second to keep it running , F. fix O. or R. repair D. daily

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
thats insane benski , especially the people near it wen the blades are up....ive three chevys rite now , luv them , but ford would be my second choice.....i've always said to my ford freinds , 'you can drive a chevy to a dinner party , Fords a tractor' lol....im really starting to think/dream of getting a blue compact Ford tractor.....im not shure wat to google or search for. If anyone her has xperience with the Fords , plz let me know , i dont want to be working on it every second to keep it running , F. fix O. or R. repair D. daily

If you have the hankering for a blue Ford compact tractor, do a search for "Ford 1520" . A friend of mine owned one back in the mid-90's, excellent all purpose CUT.

May I suggest you go to TractorByNet.com | Compact Tractors | John Deere, Kubota, New Holland which is another site like this is, same administrators, same great members but over 100,000 registered members. They have entire sections devoted to Ford tractors, I have belonged to TBN since 2003 and visit it every day. Registration is fast, free, easy, and once you join you will kick yourself (if you could) for not discovering it sooner.