Tractor does not shut off when I step off

Hsquad12

Threads
So I have an old craftsman tractor for the 90's and the motor does not shut off when I get out of the seat.
Anyone have an idea what's wrong with safety circuit?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
So I have an old craftsman tractor for the 90's and the motor does not shut off when I get out of the seat.

The switch may be faulty or dirty

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sometime in the last 20+ years, someone likely shunted the seat switch...
"the motor does not shut off when I get out of the seat."... That would be the preferred situation as I see it.
If you want the engine to shut off, there is a key switch to accomplish that... :smile:KennyV

X-man

Threads

Two things:

1) The sensor in your seat is shot
2) You probably have the parking brake engaged.

Normally when my brake is engaged my motor still runs. That's why I can start it without sitting on the seat :laughing:

Threads
I shunted mine when I got it so a po might have done the same thing to the one you have however I have seen them sieze in the closed position before too. If you are the original owner it has to be the switch has siezed in the run position.

Hsquad12

Threads
I shunted mine when I got it so a po might have done the same thing to the one you have however I have seen them sieze in the closed position before too. If you are the original owner it has to be the switch has siezed in the run position.

Thanks guys. i replaced the switch and got it sorted today. Appreciate the input and help. :smile:

cuda

Threads
Sometime in the last 20+ years, someone likely shunted the seat switch...
"the motor does not shut off when I get out of the seat."... That would be the preferred situation as I see it.
If you want the engine to shut off, there is a key switch to accomplish that... :smile:KennyV

They installed that seat switch for the same guy who sticks his hand under the mower deck with the blades spinning:biggrin:

Hsquad12

Threads
They installed that seat switch for the same guy who sticks his hand under the mower deck with the blades spinning:biggrin:

I sold that rolling boat anchor today. bye bye craftsman. Hooray! :smile: