Toto timecutter Z420 running problems B&S intek 465

ashrat

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have this toro timecutter Z420 with an intek 465 engine. It will run ok when it is cold for about 10 minutes then it will die. I used to be able to "catch" it before it died by throwing the arms out and lettting it set for a few seconds before taking off again. Now it has progressed to the point that I cannot keep it from dying by doing that. If I let it set for about 30 minutes it will run OK for about another 2-3 minutes before it starts this again Here are some of the numbers from the machine. MOdel 74327, serial 260009032. The intek 465 is model 286H77 or 2861177. other numbers stamped on are 0165E1 060301ZD
I changed the fuel, the fuel filter (twice) and the spark plug and it still does this. Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong and how I can fix it? Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Two things I would check the next time it dies. With your ear next to the gas cap, slowly open the cap and listen for air being sucked into the tank. If you hear air going in the vent on your cap is plugged and it is time for a new cap. Second, if it is not the cap, check for spark. Your coil may be shorting out due to heat and will close when it cools down. No spark, replace the coil.

ashrat

Forum Newbie
Threads
I checked the cap and I can blow through the vent hole easily. I hope that means it is working. I replaced all of the fuel line and the filter again. It still does it. How hard is it to replace the coil on this motor? Thanks

Threads
I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. :smile:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not hard at all. Goggle you-tube videos for instructions.