Torque

jstpsgthru

Threads
I think most mowers are under-powered. Is there a garden tractor that will cut wet, heavy grass without "breaking a sweat?" I need it to fit a 5x8 trailer, so looking for 46 to 50 inch cut. Cub Cadet has a garden tractor which uses an axle, instead of a drive belt; I wonder if it would be a good choice? I also have 20* pitched inclines.

What is your recommendation? Thanks for your time and advise.

wrldtvlr

Threads
You might find my review/experience with the Cub Cadet RZT 54 interesting. The smaller deck models have a slightly smaller engine, but I suspect they would perform OK.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Actually most are drastically overpowered .
I have a few 8Hp 32" cut ride ons that rocket through 8' tall reeds mixed in with lantanna and balckberries.
If you have slopes then get a mower with a horizontal shaft engine or you will be replacing endless siezed con rods.
The problem is now days very few mower companies make proper decks.
In place of a dedicated mulching deck, or bagging deck or throwing deck or slashing deck , they now mostly fit "universal" decks which are truely named because they are universally poor at every function.
The shaft drive Cub 3000 series are excellent mowers, as are the smaller 2000 series , however both of these are obsolete so deck parts are becoming difficult to get.
I have dozens of 2000 series in my run & am always on the look out for cheap ones to renovate & resell