Export thread

Torque specification

Justin21

Justin21

I have an 11 and a half hp Briggs and Stratton engine. The model # is 28D707. The type # is 0123-01 and the code number is 960119ZB. I need to know what to torque the head bolts down too. Please help.

R

Rivets

185 in. lbs

Justin21

Justin21

Thank you very much. Did you find that info from the Haines repair manual?

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I usually go here and type the model and type number is, and download the owners manual, they usually give the Amrature (ignition coil) air gap, valve clearances and torque specs.

R

Rivets

I have Briggs manuals for most of their engines, as well as a large spec chart. For those who don’t have these materials, you can just type in Briggs torque specs or Briggs valve clearance into google search. A lot faster than waiting for an answer.

B

Born2Mow

185 in-lbs = 15.4 ft-lbs

B

bertsmobile1

185 in-lbs = 15.4 ft-lbs
Except accurate torque wrenches ( deflecting bar ) are marked in 5 unit increments
So using an inch pound torque wrench will be closer to the specified torque then trying to set a foot lb torque wrench.

And note I used the word accurate
I know you can go out & buy a spring loaded torque wrench marked in 1/10 foot pounds but none of them are accurate by the time they leave the factory let alone after being in a toll box, left loaded for x years.