toro

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey didicetn, we were talking about seat comfort, read the following either were screwed up or Toro is cause they both appear to be the same seat :laughing: There using the same write up :confused2:

Contoured 18" (45.7 cm) Extra Tall w/ Slide (ZX 4820)

The premium seating system on the TITAN is truly a leader in comfort. The extra thick seat foam is contoured to envelope the operator in comfort and help hold you in place when traversing rough terrain. The seat is further cushioned by a unique adjustable seat spring suspension allowing you to have anywhere from 2 to 5 springs underneath the seat to give you customized support. A four-inch (10.2 cm) seat slide is adjustable while seated to help give you just the right fit. Adjustable armrests and retractable seat belt come standard.

Premium Toro Seat (MX 4880)

The premium seating system on the TITAN is truly a leader in comfort. The extra thick seat foam is contoured to envelope the operator in comfort and help hold you in place when traversing rough terrain. The seat is further cushioned by a unique adjustable seat spring suspension allowing you to have anywhere from 2 to 5 springs underneath the seat to give you customized support. A four-inch (10.2 cm) seat slide is adjustable while seated to help give you just the right fit. Adjustable armrests come standard.
Ric,
The 2012 Toro Titan brochure describes them like this in the Specifications Chart:
ZX4280
Seat:Contoured 18" Extra-Tall
Seat Suspension:Adjustable Springs

MX4880
Seat:Toro Custom, Bolstered
Seat Suspension:Full 3-D Isolation

In the mower descriptions, the ZX says:Contoured 18" Extra-Tall Seat-Extra tall seats contours to the operator for added comfort.

The MX says:Maximum Comfort-A rugged mower doesn't have to mean a rugged ride. Titan MX mowers feature a thickly padded Toro custom seat with 3-D isolation mounts to absorb vibration.

They are clearly not the same seats in the brochure.

P.S.
Just noticed, when scrutinizing the Spec listings that the foldable ROPS on the ZX is 73" up and 46" down, while the MX is 74" up and 47" down.....so you get an extra inch on the ROPS.....may be worth $10 at least:0)
P.S.S.
If I hadn't decided to get a Commercial ZTR, I was SERIOUSLY considering the Titan MX. For a top-end residential, it's hard to beat. And I "almost" made an offer on the Toro Z-Master 2000 52", but the deck was both 10gauge and 7gauge. You had to step up to the Z-Master 3000(or Grandstand) to get the full 7gauge deck. The Toro commercials are fine-looking machines though and worthy of looking at if you are wanting a serious ZTR(that Turbo Force deck seems to be very well built).

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric,
The 2012 Toro Titan brochure describes them like this in the Specifications Chart:
ZX4280
Seat:Contoured 18" Extra-Tall
Seat Suspension:Adjustable Springs

MX4880
Seat:Toro Custom, Bolstered
Seat Suspension:Full 3-D Isolation

In the mower descriptions, the ZX says:Contoured 18" Extra-Tall Seat-Extra tall seats contours to the operator for added comfort.

The MX says:Maximum Comfort-A rugged mower doesn't have to mean a rugged ride. Titan MX mowers feature a thickly padded Toro custom seat with 3-D isolation mounts to absorb vibration.

They are clearly not the same seats in the brochure.

P.S.
Just noticed, when scrutinizing the Spec listings that the foldable ROPS on the ZX is 73" up and 46" down, while the MX is 74" up and 47" down.....so you get an extra inch on the ROPS.....may be worth $10 at least:0)
P.S.S.
If I hadn't decided to get a Commercial ZTR, I was SERIOUSLY considering the Titan MX. For a top-end residential, it's hard to beat. And I "almost" made an offer on the Toro Z-Master 2000 52", but the deck was both 10gauge and 7gauge. You had to step up to the Z-Master 3000(or Grandstand) to get the full 7gauge deck. The Toro commercials are fine-looking machines though and worthy of looking at if you are wanting a serious ZTR(that Turbo Force deck seems to be very well built).

If you go to the features section of each mower it is what I posted, it's the same for each mower. That's what I'm questioning is why when in the overview it's different? :confused2: I guess toro is trying to save money with there advertising.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you go to the features section of each mower it is what I posted, it's the same for each mower. That's what I'm questioning is why when in the overview it's different? :confused2: I guess toro is trying to save money with there advertising.

Ric,

Yeah, I haven't gone to their website, but it sounds like their webmaster has some work to do:0)
I still have the 2012 Titan & Commercial product brochures and that's what I looked at.