Toro Wheel Gear Removal

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes but what were they doing 15,000 rpm ?
As previously mentioned my fathers original 1962 125cc Victa 2 stroke is still being used by an old fart friend of my sister to mow the common areas of 5 or 6 blocks of 3 story flats ( apartments to some ) been used continiously since 1962 now on a + 20 piston & I have pistons here to + 80 as it has a cast iron barrel so can be bored out to 172 cc , ball bearings on the crank & needle rollers on either end of the con rod.
Love em
And still on the original Amal carb but it has had a couple of slides & needles
I may not have that length of use. But the two McCullough chainsaws that I wore out cutting many cords of firewood over 30 yrs had out several 4 cycle riding lawn mower engines

It is the maintenance that is important to the longevity of any engine. Many fellow techs here hate 2 cycles simply because they don't understand them. Just like many techs hate Nikki carburetors.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes but what were they doing 15,000 rpm ?
As previously mentioned my fathers original 1962 125cc Victa 2 stroke is still being used by an old fart friend of my sister to mow the common areas of 5 or 6 blocks of 3 story flats ( apartments to some ) been used continiously since 1962 now on a + 20 piston & I have pistons here to + 80 as it has a cast iron barrel so can be bored out to 172 cc , ball bearings on the crank & needle rollers on either end of the con rod.
Love em
And still on the original Amal carb but it has had a couple of slides & needles
the racing bikes more like 20,000 - 22,000 but the lawn stuff I keep having to replace the carbs on no. Just conventional 2-stroke engines made for the landscape industry.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can't we all get along LOL? :p