Toro Titan ZX4800 w/Kohler Confident 21 hp Engine

Scott S

Threads
  • / Toro Titan ZX4800 w/Kohler Confident 21 hp Engine
Toro Titan ZX4800 w/Kohler Confidant 21 hp Engine

I have just under an acre of mostly level grass to cut.

I was considering getting a Gravely ZT 42 for $2699 when I stumbled upon the Toro. I know this is probably overkill for my needs, but the ZX4800 is touted as a commercial grade mower with an MSRP of $5399. I can get it from a Toro dealer for $3999. It is brand new and is a closeout special. I test drove it today and it had 0.1 hours on it.

I plan on keeping either mower for about 5 years and then selling it. I need the most dependable ZTR with the least maintenance cost which will bring the highest resale at the end of the five years. My budget is between $2500-$4000. I probably just need the Gravely, but I kind of want the Toro because it is a beast in comparison.

I'm sure the Toro is the better mower due to the specs, however, it's also $1300 more than the Gravely. Is the price difference for my needs worth it?

Scott

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Toro increased their warranty to 4 Years from 3 yrs. Might wanna ask them about that. The Titans are serious mowers. For that kinda price cut, it might be a left over new one. The Build date sticker is usually behind the seat on the frame, on discharge side. Better for you, it's still new.

What kinda warranty does Gravely have ?

Scott S

Threads
Toro increased their warranty to 4 Years from 3 yrs. Might wanna ask them about that. The Titans are serious mowers. For that kinda price cut, it might be a left over new one. The Build date sticker is usually behind the seat on the frame, on discharge side. Better for you, it's still new.

What kinda warranty does Gravely have ?

3 years.