Toro Titan seat switch connector came loose. Common problem?

Jim27

Threads
  • / Toro Titan seat switch connector came loose. Common problem?
Have a couple month old Toro Titan with my ride seat. Unit has quit a couple times and suspected the seat switch. When I looked at it I found the connector had fallen off. It was fairly hard to get to the switch without taking the seat but I didn't see any obvious damage to the connector housing on the wiring harness. I was able to put the connector back on the switch well enough that the mower operates but it did not latch. In talking to the dealer they said they had seen issues with the latch before but I didn't get any more detail on that. I had considered taking the seat off the suspension frame as it looked like there were only 4 bolts that were easy to get to but I found a forum post stating that there were two additional under the seat that are much harder to get to.

The dealer is going to fix this but would like to understand the issue. Are connector issues like this a common problem?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
These connectors do fail but usually from not being full plugged in. I have replaced several where the snap clip has failed. Also make sure the F56 terminals haven't failed along their spring hinge.

Oregon sells the replacement housing under PN 33-086 as you would need the non shorting version. Most mower OEM will not just sell this housing but insist on selling the complete harness. I see no point in replacing an otherwise good harness just because the housing failed.

Jim27

Threads
The part of the connector that retains it - what I think you are calling the snap clip - appeared to be intact. I am guessing it may never have been fully seated. I was thinking I might just pull things apart enough to see for sure and fully seat it but it is more work than I expected so going to let the dealer mess with it. Thanks for the housing number!