Toro Titan Anti scalp

Mattmotors

Threads
Hi All, I have a Toto Titan Model 75314. Serial 414597024. 48 inch. Great machine.The My ride Feature is awesome.
I Have 13 hours on it. My deck anti scalp wheels are squealing.They squeal so loud I can gear it with ear plugs in. My wife can hear it in the house. I cut the lawn at 2 inches and have the wheels in the right hole which is 3rd from the bottom.This happened maybe 6 weeks ago and I removed them and greased all the moving parts. All went quiet till today. Now , they are screaming again. Also, When I give them a spin by hand, They don't spin freely. They vibrate and make noise. Obviously , the hole Is out of round. I have already purchased new wheels In the event I have to change them. Does anyone know If this would be covered under warranty? Or is this a "wear Item"..... At 13 hours? Thanks , Matt.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you purchased this unit from a good Toro dealer, they will most likely work with you to resolve this problem Under warranty. If you purchased it at a big box store doesn’t mean that they won’t cover it, but you’ll have to jump through more and tougher hoops.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your anti scalp wheels are not to be touching the ground all the time. IF they do at your cutting height then they are set wrong. And they will wear excessively. Warranty may not cover improperly customer adjusted anti-scalp wheels.

1719949419646.png

Last edited:

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Take them out, grease them again, and move them to the uppermost mounting holes.
Warranty? You can try. I doubt that it will be covered. It’s a wear item.
I owned two Toro mowers and this was always a problem.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Seen this more than once, wheel holes look more like eggs than circles. I understand other concerns stated, but with only 13 hours a good dealer should be able to get warranty. Only thing I don’t like is customer buying new wheels before consulting dealer.

fixit1ddh

Threads
Wonder why they didn't put grease zerk on them wheels. My 2015 cub zturn deck antiscalp wheels have grease zerks. Grease every 10 hour's and they have never made a sound.