toro timemaster 30 vs ariens waw 34

granville

Threads
Help me make a choice.....anybody use either model?

Luster

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought the Toro TimeMaster 30" just last week. I am a homeowner, and only mow my own lawn, so not into commercial or multiple cuttings at all.

This TimeMaster machine is the finest mower I've ever owned. My lawn is large but not huge... I was using my 21" Toro (2009 Model) and it was taking about 1.5 hours to mow. As usual the cut quality of Toro machines is always excellent and my yard looks great.

With the new 30" machine, I was finished in 45 minutes! Plus, with the wide stance and wide tires, it now looks professionally manicured.

The time saving is not only in the extra 9" of cut, but also in the speed of the Personal Pace system. The 21" model has a speed (I'm guessing) of about 3.5 mph. With the new TimeMaster, I can crank it up to 5.25 mph and this thing will fly!

I'm really into fitness and this definitely takes the place of my daily 3 mile run..... :wink:

Highly recommended. :thumbsup:

granville

Threads
I bought the Toro TimeMaster 30" just last week. I am a homeowner, and only mow my own lawn, so not into commercial or multiple cuttings at all.

This TimeMaster machine is the finest mower I've ever owned. My lawn is large but not huge... I was using my 21" Toro (2009 Model) and it was taking about 1.5 hours to mow. As usual the cut quality of Toro machines is always excellent and my yard looks great.

With the new 30" machine, I was finished in 45 minutes! Plus, with the wide stance and wide tires, it now looks professionally manicured.

The time saving is not only in the extra 9" of cut, but also in the speed of the Personal Pace system. The 21" model has a speed (I'm guessing) of about 3.5 mph. With the new TimeMaster, I can crank it up to 5.25 mph and this thing will fly!

I'm really into fitness and this definitely takes the place of my daily 3 mile run..... :wink:

Highly recommended. :thumbsup:
How big your lawn?....half acre or smaller ....

GeauxCajuns

Forum Newbie
Threads
Although I believe this is a fantastic piece of mowing equipment, I do not believe it is worth the $1000+ price tag. The average 22" Toro walk behind mower w/ personal pace is about $360. I can't justify paying 3 times the price for only 1/3 more capacity. In my opinion this mower should sell for no more than $600. I'll consider it in a few years if and when the price goes down.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry to say, but their is a big difference between your $360 PP and the Timemaster. PP has steel deck TM has alloy deck. TM has electric start, BBC system, twin blades, larger engine, 3 in 1 grass handling system, and a heavier tranie. Maybe it does cost more, there's also a difference between a Chevy and Catalac. You get what you pay for and those who like a manicured lawn without paying a landscaper, can now get it. They must be a good unit, because dealer who try to reorder are hearing these two words from Toro, BACK ORDERED!

4x4s_rule

Forum Newbie
Threads
dude, what is a "Catalac"?? Don't mean to be a knit picker on spelling, but I have never heard of a Catalac. Now Cadillac...that is a different story. :tongue:

Anyway, I am trying to decide btwn the Cub Cadet 34in CC760 ($1100) and the Toro Timemaster 30in ($899 using 10% off coupon for opening a HD account). The Cub has a larger pass but I have read many negative comments on the way the trans works. Turning the unit may be difficult since it isn't a zero turn unit -- one handle controls the blades and the other controls the self propel. I used a Bunton 52" (or maybe 48") walk behind back in college that had a handle that controlled each wheel separately (gave a perfect zero turn affect) -- and I loved the way it worked. I could whip out a 0.2 acre lot in about 15-20 min while the other guy used the line trimmer and back pack. I just cannot afford that price after buying a new house.

How does the timemaster stripe? Does it leave as nice of a stripe job as the large walk-behinds?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry, big fingers small ???? Can't really answer about striping. Haven't had a opportunity to cut a large area with one. Maybe Luster can answer that one.

alpinelawn

Threads
I posted a side by side comparison of the new Toro Timemaster and the Personal Pace model, so that people could get a sense of the difference.

The grass up here in Toronto hasn't taken off yet, but I do intend to do a cut quality comparison to see the difference between the two blade and the single blade alternative.

This mower is designed for a home-owner in mind, but it would fit a segment of our commercial customers as up until know we could only offer the 32" walk behind models such as the Ferris or Toro, which come at a higher price tag for that width of cut.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are correct, but your logic is fatally flawed. You assume that your better half wants to cut the lawn. The TimeMaster is not for everyone, especially you, but is available for those who could use it. I don't think I could sell you a snowblower either. You'll get yours at a big box store, because all you look at is $$$$$ and not the purpose it was made for.