Toro Timecutter z5035 Model 74367 Steering and Tracking Adjusting Issues

Solouniqro96

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Toro Timecutter z5035 Model 74367 Steering and Tracking Adjusting Issues
I need step by step instructions for adjusting tracking. Mower was drifting to the left, and couldn't remember how a friend that works on lawnmowers showed me to do it. At one point, it just got to where it would make a circle, and when I put it in Park, it was still trying to go. With the mower on jack stands, I noticed a that one tire was moving faster than the other. I also discovered that the little rod that turns off the hydros was bent. I've straightened it back out, and it will be put back on first. Someone was adjusting the threaded rod that determines range of motion control lever. Gotten it all out of wack, so that would be the best place to start if anyone can help me please.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Toro Timecutter z5035 Model 74367 Steering and Tracking Adjusting Issues
First check your model number, nothing comes up with the number you posted. This manual might help but is for a different model. https://www.toro.com/getpub/48881

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I need step by step instructions for adjusting tracking. Mower was drifting to the left, and couldn't remember how a friend that works on lawnmowers showed me to do it. At one point, it just got to where it would make a circle, and when I put it in Park, it was still trying to go. With the mower on jack stands, I noticed a that one tire was moving faster than the other. I also discovered that the little rod that turns off the hydros was bent. I've straightened it back out, and it will be put back on first. Someone was adjusting the threaded rod that determines range of motion control lever. Gotten it all out of wack, so that would be the best place to start if anyone can help me please.
Adjusting steering tracking varies from mower to mower. Some are easier than others to adjust. Difficult to give an answer without being in front of mower looking at it. Move the steering arms and study the control linkage that is moving and start there.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
First thing I would do is to make sure there are no missing or loose bolts or broken hydro mounting brackets. There is usually a stop bolt to limit the travel of the levers to control the tracking. Adjusting the rods will most likely throw the neutral out of whack.

Last edited: