Toro Time cutter

BigBullyTrailers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone
I have a 4 year old Toro time cutter that I had to jump at the solenoid to start it. Now since then it starts but shuts off ride away. I have re placed the ignition switch, battery, cables, solenoid and pto switch. It started at the switch again and turned off immediately. Now it won't start from the switch no longer but will sart if you jump the solenoid. But I don't want to do that again.
Someone said the only thing left is the harness. Can someone please give me some insight
Thank you
AL.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you replaced the switch are you sure you purchased an exact replacement? Many switches look the same, but when you look at the two switches side by side the terminals may be labeled differently. When you post back please include the units model and serial numbers located on th ID tag under the seat.

packardv8

Threads
FWIW, I've never been able to keep a riding mower running with the OEM wiring harness and switches functioning.

The switches are questionable quality and the circuitry, with all the lawyer interlocks, something is always corroded, loose or broken. Usually, the spark for the engine goes through the seat, the PTO, if it's a ZT, through the control levers, if it's a tractor, through the reverse.

I end up replacing the OEM wiring and switches with industrial quality.

jack vines

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
If it has the stupid automatic electric parking brake you might try unplugging and plugging in the connector to the brake control module a few times and see what happens. They are famous for corroded connections.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
If it has the stupid automatic electric parking brake you might try unplugging and plugging in the connector to the brake control module a few times and see what happens. They are famous for corroded connections.
The electric parking brake would be the first thing to check. Second would be to check if there is a relay(s) that could be at fault.

Side note: Having to bypass the OEM wiring and safety switches to keep a mower running as Jack Vines has stated, is not only normally unneeded but also not safe.